20 May 2021 10:30am–2:30pm
We have an exciting training session coming up next month, for our Black members who sit on our Black Members Regional Committee and we are also opening it up to newly elected Black member reps and Black members who are interested in becoming more involved in UNISON.
The focus will be on Confidence Building and Presentation skills, these were highlighted as subjects our Black Members Committee thought would be useful in supporting them with their roles within UNISON.
The morning session 10.30am – 12pm will be delivered by our Assistant General Secretary, Roger McKenzie. Roger has extensive experience of union organising and campaigning, particularly in the public sector. He has years of work on race equality issues and in particular building self – organised structures within the workplace/trade union movement. There will also be a Q&A session at the end.
After lunch we have organised a training session 1pm – 2.30pm focusing on confidence building & presentation skills, which will be delivered by our Region’s Education Officer, Sam Raymond who has a lot of knowledge and experience with working with our Black members and Black members committee. Sam is a brilliant trainer and the training will be really useful in supporting you in your roles within UNISON and give you the tools to take ideas and help organise Black members within your branch and workplace.
The Confidence Building session will include:
- Know what confidence means to you
- Know what can impact confidence and know the signs of low self confidence
- Understand that through changing thought process’s there can be different outcomes to situations and that it actively helps confidence
- Learn of two negative responses when confidence does not allow for assertiveness and how this can be combatted
- Learn how to increase confidence in public speaking, and know how having role models can help with this
Our Regional Manager and Equalities Lead, Jo Galloway will also be closing the afternoon session.
If you would like to attend this webinar, please register by email email@example.com and confirm your attendance by 6th May. The places are limited.