22 February 2018 6:30pm–9:00pm
Surrey History Centre, 130 Goldsworth Road, Woking, GU21 6ND
- Join Surrey Heritage and Outline, Surrey’s LGBT organisation for a cup of LGBT history to celebrate LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans) History Month. As well as free coffee and cake there will be talks about popular 1920s and 1930s music hall performers Gwen Farrar and Norah Blaney, Surrey History Centre and Outline.
- Surrey Heritage will also be showcasing historical LGBT documents from our archives (which are housed in 6 miles of shelving in our strongrooms!). There will be relevant displays and an LGBT film on loop from the Independent Cinema Office.
- We will also be joined by a whole host of Surrey community organisations with information displays and stands: Surrey and Borders Partnership, Fostering and Adoption Service, Phoenix Cultural Centre, Surrey Libraries, GMB Union Surrey Branch, Surrey Police LGBT+ plus more to be confirmed!
- Discover our HLF projects, Surrey in the Great War and The March of the Women suffrage project as well as help and advice with family history.
- Free, no booking required.