27 April 2020 9:30am–5:00pm
Guildford Regional Office
Covid-19: All UNISON South East meetings and events are postponed until end of May 2020.
This course is aimed at Branch Treasurers and Branch Officers who are interested in the role of branch finances.
The course runs for one day and involves individual activities, group work and discussion as well as finding out information about UNISON and your branch. This course is NOT designed to make you feel like a ‘financial expert’ but to introduce you to some of the key issues facing the trade union and the UNISON branch.
- Identify the main duties and responsibilities of a UNISON Branch Treasurer
- Recognise the role of the branch treasurer in organising and supporting the branch
- Understand the branch accounting cycle
- Understand the role of the branch treasurer in budgeting and managing finances as part of the joint branch assessment (JBA)
- To identify the role that branch finance plays supporting and achieving UNISON’s priorities and objectives
- To recognise the role of the branch treasurer in organsing and supporting the branch