9 June 2018 11:00am–4:00pm
Manzil Way Green, Cowley Road
This march has been called by Oxfordshire Health UNISON and Unite and is supported by Oxford Keep Our NHS Public.
The NHS urgently needs funds to be able to deliver quality care for Oxfordshire’s population. We are marching to demand:
- End the staffing crisis – pay Oxford weighting – bring back bursaries
- No more cancelled operations
- No to longer waiting times
- Full funding for the NHS – reopen the closed beds
- Stop privatisation – patients before profits
The NHS is in crisis due to lack of funds, privatisation and too few staff. The staffing crisis in Oxford is particularly acute because of the high costs of living. Operations are being cancelled for lack of beds and staff and these problems are exacerbated by issues of recruiting and retaining workers in the most expensive city in the UK. The lack of staff is undermining patient care for the population of Oxfordshire.