29 September – 1 October 2020
Guildford Regional Office
Covid-19: All Education classroom courses and network days have been cancelled until end of March 2021. Visit the Education page for more information.
This course is aimed at all members. Union learning reps are enthusiasts and advocates for learning in their own workplaces. Their role will vary according to their own circumstances.
The course aims to:
- Raise awareness of lifelong learning issues in the workplace
- Raise awareness of lifelong learning opportunities amongst members and potential members, and finding out the learning needs of particular groups of members or potential members
- Give guidance on how to liaise with employers on lifelong learning opportunities in the workplace
- Ways of working with UNISON branch officers to promote workplace leaning
- How to create a positive experience of what UNISON can do for and with members in the workplace around learning issues