This year we will be running 4 events as part of our disabled members training programme. We have created a varied timetable of events such as panel interviews, workshops and interactive lunch and learns. You will be able to attend any of the events which will all take place on Microsoft Teams and have been scheduled to fit into your lunch breaks in the hope we can accommodate as many of our members as possible. The sessions are informative and cover a variety of topics that we are sure will be of interest to you. The events taking place are:
12.30-2pm 27th April – Panel Event:
- Henrietta Phillips from Thompsons to talk about the safe return to workplaces for Disabled workers
- Michael Paul from Disability Rights UK to talk about the work of Disability Rights UK and also with a quick look at unclaimed benefits
- Deirdre Costigan, UNISON’s National Officer for Disability Equality, will talk about UNISON’s work over the pandemic on behalf of disabled members.
12.00-1.00pm 5th May 2021
- Workshop on Organising for the Year of the Disabled Worker 2022 with Vicki Gibbs, the South East Region’s Education and Equalities AO.
12.00-1pm 19th May 2021
- Interactive Lunch and Learn on Access to Work with Dave Smith, Co-Chair of the English Access to Work Forum England, and UNISON Equalities Activist.
12.00-1pm 25th May 2021
- Mental Health in the Workplace Lunch and Learn with Abbey Dunn
You will have the option to sign up for any of the sessions but please note the closing date for each event. You can sign up by completing the sign up form HERE.
We look forward to seeing you at one of the sessions.