About this job
The requirements of the role are:
- Arranges UNISON membership recruitment initiatives at Surrey school venues.
- Liaises with the Branch staff in extracting information from the Regional/Branch membership systems to help target recruitment activities.
- Evaluates the outcome of recruitment activities to build an understanding of what works.
- Contributes to the development of recruitment campaigns.
- Designs and makes presentations to prospective members at induction/recruitment events.
- Assists with identifying new activists, signposting to training and contact with branch
- Assists branches with arrangements and administration of recruitment campaigns, by helping draft publicity, carry out mail shots and arranging the event.
- Works to recruitment targets to provide regular reports on membership targets achieved and recruitment activities undertaken.
- A knowledge of the Trade Union Movement and support for its objectives are desirable
Employees of Surrey County Council or other employers where UNISON has recognition may be able to get agreement to undertake this role as a secondment opportunity. Applicants applying for this post as a secondment opportunity should ensure they have discussed this with their employer.
Interviews will be held on 15th July and shortlisted applicants will also be asked to make a short presentation to our branch committee on 17th July
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please contact the branch office email email@example.com for an application pack. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email and invited to attend an interview on 15th July in Kingston and to make a short presentation to our branch committee on 17th July, also in Kingston. Please note that if you do not hear form us you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services. We employ approximately 1,200 staff, with around 370 at our national centre in Euston in central London and the remainder in our 12 regions across the UK, including Northern Ireland.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.