UNISON South East’s LGBT+ Group fights discrimination and prejudice in the workplace on behalf of its lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and all those members who identify under the LGBT+ umbrella.
We organise through an elected regional committee who meet three times a year, with additional Policy, Training & Organising Days, to plan our campaigns.
We are very high profile at many pride events in the South East taking our messages of equality and standing up for public services to the wider LGBT+ community.
There are loads of ways to get involved – from helping out with event set-up, lending a hand on the UNISON Stall, or joining us on a Pride march.
LGBT+ Group Priorities
UNISON SE’s LGBT+ Group takes UNISON’s National equality priorities into the LGBT+ community.
They are to:
- recruit LGBT+ workers into the union
- encourage LGBT+ members to get involved
- build our network of LGBT+ groups
- support individual members
- identify and challenge discrimination
- informing the union’s negotiations with employers
- defend and promote LGBT+ public services
- campaign for equality
Our regional co-chairs are Pól Ó Ceallaigh and Karen Fenn.
To find out more, simply email us with your name and membership number.