21 April 2020 9:30am–4:00pm
Brighton Regional Office
Covid-19: All meetings, events and courses are postponed until the end of May 2020
We are excited to announce a special course for UNISON members working in schools on gender diversity. This will be delivered by Mermaids charity on Tuesday 21 April 2020 at Brighton Regional Office.
This course is aimed at staff working in schools and similar environments who may work with and encounter transgender and gender diverse children.
What will this course cover?
- Understanding gender identity and gender diversity
- LGBT+ terminology
- Challenges faced by trans young people
- Transition pathways, including healthcare
- Changing names, systems and forms
- Legal responsibilities: the Equality Act, hate crime incidents, transphobia
- Managing single-sex spaces
- Improving LGBT+ equality and diversity: policies, guidance, recommended resources
This training is provided free to all members who work in schools and similar environments.
All travel expenses will need to be paid for by the branch.