The impact of Covid-19 is a fast moving national, and international, situation with implications for all areas of our society – including with UNISON’s internal structures.
The region’s priorities right now are to protect the health and wellbeing of our members, their colleagues and families, and to support our members working on the front line of this global pandemic.
- All routine regional events and meetings are cancelled until 31 May 2020.
- Branches who have not yet held their AGMs should follow this advice (opens in a new window)
- Branches should obtain agreement with employers regarding the postponement of non urgent meetings, including restructures/sickness absence disciplinary and grievances.
- Consider alternative ways of contacting and supporting members, to avoid face to face contact – for example via webcam / telephone.
- Have alternative emergency numbers for members to contact in case the main branch contact falls ill.
- Our offices are until further notice, and staff will be working to support you remotely, we have emergency measures in place for contacting the region. Please see updated contact details here.
- The UNISON Direct call centre is now closed, with staff working remotely, offering an online only service.
It is urgent that we continue to be vigilant with supporting members and activists during the coming months. If you have concerns about the measures your employer is taking to keep staff safe, please raise these with your branch and your branch’s regional organiser.
UNISON have issued advice for members across a number of sectors. This web page will be updated regularly.